Pour aider avec le lancement de son site « filiale » en anglais, l'équipe chez Smart Tribune m'a contacté pour faire la traduction (français vers l'anglais) des articles existants sur le site français. Au-delà de juste faire une traduction simple des textes, je les ai aussi relu et retravaillé, afin qu'ils s'expriment dans un bon anglais natif. Le résultat : de nouveau contenu bien aligné aux textes originels mais avec une vraie voix et structure narrative anglophone.
J'ai rédigé et retravaillé les matériaux de marketing principaux, en anglais, liés à la conférence « Club Talentsoft » en mai 2020, pour mieux rassurer que tout soit communiqué dans un bon anglais. Ce travail a touché des livrables suivants :
– site web (https://www.club-talentsoft.com)
– série de mails
J'ai rédigé une série de blogs (5 articles en total, comptant 800 à 1600 mots chacun) sur le thème « Stage-Gate Implementation ». J'afficherai les liens ici dès que les articles auront été publiés en ligne.
Je m'occupe de la gestion ainsi que de l'optimisation SEO du contenu sur le site Point Franchise (UK), y compris la réécriture du contenu, afin que l'ensemble du contenu offre plus de valeur aux lecteurs ciblés.
J'ai traduit un article déjà écrit en français en ensuite l'ai retravaillé pour qu'il soit bien adapté pour un lecteur anglophone. Cette petite mission a été un gros défi, car il fallait y ajouter un peu plus de storytelling pour bien connecter les points clés du texte (au moins, en anglais). Heureusement, c'est également un bon exemple de mon approche par rapport à la traduction : pour moi, ce n'est pas juste une traduction mot-à-mot mais plutôt, et par ailleurs, une traduction du sens, afin que le texte final raconte une « histoire » claire et simple.
Depuis le début de l'année j'ai collaboré avec l'équipe chez Botfuel sur plusieurs missions différentes, pour rédiger les textes originels en anglais pour leur Blog ainsi que traduire des « success stories » (français sur l'anglais).
Helping startups, small businesses, non-profit organizations, and big brands alike develop content-led marketing strategies and multi-channel communications programs that drive awareness, spark engagement, generate valuable leads, and boost overall revenue growth. Key services include:
– Brand Architecture (vision, mission, positioning, messaging)
– Brand, Communications, Editorial, and Content Strategy
– Communications (PR, press releases, media alerts, media relations, speaker placement)
– Copywriting, Editing, Proofreading, and SEO (blogs, white papers, collateral, websites and landing pages, emails, digital ads, social media)
– Ghostwriting (executive thought leadership, presentations/speaker notes, speechwriting)
– Website, Blog, and Social Media Management
Clients include: Salesforce, Google, UVR, Botfuel, LQ Digital, FirstKey Homes, VITAMAN, Lithium, Felina, YP (Yellow Pages), LinkedIn, Phenomenon, GLAAD
Leading all marketing, communications, and media partnership efforts (on a 100% volunteer basis) for one of the world’s largest LGBTQ+ Pride organizations, which produces the two-day LA Pride Festival and the nearly 50-year-old LA Pride Parade among a variety of year-round events catering to the LGBTQ+ community and its allies. Responsibilities include:
– Develop annual marketing and communications strategy and budget for generating awareness for all LA Pride programs and events while also driving ticket sales for the annual LA Pride Festival. This includes managing all third-party agency support for marketing, PR, social media, design, and production.
– Create the overarching brand strategy for the organization, including the development of its vision, mission, positioning, beliefs, values, and all other written assets communicating the LA Pride brand story.
– Oversee all brand campaign efforts, including photo and video shoots, theme development and campaign design, media planning, paid and organic advertising, and social media management.
– Revitalize the media sponsorship program (a key win being the LA Pride edition of LA Weekly in 2018).
– Manage day-to-day operations of the LA Pride website, including handling periodic site updates, developing and publishing all website content, and taking important actions to boost SEO strength.
– Draft press releases and media alerts in order to engage with local and national media on the latest news about the organization as well as its programs and events.
– Collaborate on the implementation of new project management processes to streamline go-to-market efforts.
Handled all B2B communications — press releases, media alerts, reactive messaging, press kits, and executive speaker placements — for Yahoo!’s Sports, Entertainment, Lifestyle, and Commerce digital media properties. Accomplishments include:
– Led the effort on high profile press announcements around major media deals and partnerships.
– Provided strategic guidance to executives and third-party business partners on outbound press strategy.
– Crafted all related pitches, press releases, reactive statements, briefing books, FAQ’s, and core messaging.
– Created quarterly coverage recaps to highlight major media wins and key success metrics.
– Managed agency engagements (defining scope, supervising deliverables, and overseeing budget). Agencies: DKC (PR Firm)
Created company-wide narratives — at the corporate, line of business, and product levels — through words, visuals, videos, and branded experiences to help (once) define Yahoo! as "the premier digital media company" to internal and external audiences alike. Accomplishments include:
– Led the company-wide effort around consistent storytelling, including a full repositioning of the Yahoo! Media Network around the promise of “content experiences that matter.”
– Built from scratch the Yahoo! Story Book – the home for Yahoo!’s core stories – and companion plug-and-play presentations that brought those stories to life.
– Created workshop-based training modules to help employees become consistent storytellers. Workshops included “Telling the Yahoo! Story” and “Messaging Best Practices.”
– Spearheaded an exploratory around visual storytelling to activate the Yahoo! Story through eye-catching, engaging visuals, such as Sales tools, videos, and infographics.
– Implemented a competitive intelligence program for measuring message relevance, stickiness, and differentiation at major industry events – such as Internet Week, Ad Week, 4A’s conference – to create a competitive baseline for our own outbound messaging efforts.
– Managed agency engagements (defining scope, supervising deliverables, and overseeing budget). Agencies: SALT, Liquid, Bluewave, Emerging Artists Productions
– Direct supervisor to: Associate/Analyst
Engaged LGBTQ+ employees and allies across Yahoo! globally through original content, communications, and programming, tailor-made events, industry thought leadership, community engagement and advocacy, sponsorship activation, and outbound marketing efforts. Accomplishments include:
– Grew and managed a global employee organization of 200+ Yahoos, with 40% YOY growth as a result of local chapter initiatives in various US and International offices.
– Created a distinctive brand identity that drove awareness around Yahoo! Pride as both an employee resource group and a burgeoning media and community advocacy brand.
– Built a global Yahoo! Pride Facebook community from scratch around carefully curated LGBT-specific content, totaling 90,000 fans in October 2012.
– Led the efforts that resulted in Yahoo! earning a 100% score on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index for the 5th and 6th years in a row.
– Advocated for the implementation of federal income tax benefits for employees in same-sex domestic partnerships (implemented company-wide in January 2012).
– Produced Yahoo!’s “It Gets Better” video, with participation from 25+ employees in 6 US offices, including the CEO.
– Organized and hosted the first-ever “Pride on the Green” celebration attended by 1,500+ employees and 20 LGBT non-profits at Yahoo!’s Headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA.
– Drove Yahoo! and Yahoo! Pride brand awareness by supporting key sponsorships with fully integrated marketing and communications strategies and tactics.
– Acted as a thought leader within the LGBT community, with key speaking engagements at NYC Ad Week 2011 (“Where’s the LGBT?” panel) and on Brazil’s GrampoMTV.
– Partnered with GLAAD and Yahoo!’s OMG! entertainment news site to cover the 2012 GLAAD Media Awards, making it the first time LGBT issues in the media had ever been covered in such a focused way on Yahoo!’s network.
– Created Team Yahoo! for the 2012 San Francisco AIDS Walk, with over 125 Yahoos in attendance.
– Autonomously managed the Yahoo! Pride program budget ($70K per year).
Part of the team whose sole focus, as part of a major marketing and re-branding initiative led by senior leadership, was to streamline and revitalize the Yahoo! brand, in the face of rising competition and rapid innovation across the tech, digital media, advertising, and entertainment industries. Accomplishments include:
– Architected the Yahoo! brand platform and the companion Yahoo! Story to drive stickiness around the positioning of Yahoo! as the “premier digital media company.”
– Developed the “Story Architecture” program, a global methodology for developing positioning and messaging that helped ensure all company-wide communications aligned to a single corporate strategy and a clearly defined brand voice.
– Oversaw consistent execution of the verbal and visual corporate brand via the development of brand guidelines, branded presentation materials, templates, etc.
– Conducted a detailed brand audit of all primary brands, sub-brands, trademarks, and other Yahoo! brand associations in an effort to streamline Yahoo!’s overall brand portfolio.
– Handled day-to-day budget management including monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, project reconciliation.
– Interfaced with Procurement and third-party vendors to draft SOW’s, open purchase orders, and process all invoices in a timely manner.
– Managed agency engagements (defining scope, supervising deliverables, and overseeing budget). Agencies: Landor, Goodby Silverstein & Partners
Managed day-to-day project management (including budgets and forecasting) and provided strategic guidance for successfully executing various brand management projects for clients across multiple industries. Accomplishments include:
– Re-branded SourceForge (open-source technology platform) as the GeekNet media company, across multiple consumer, developer, and advertiser touch points.
– Created the new Cassidy Turley commercial real estate brand (a spin-off of Collier International), effectively positioning it as a category leader in a crowded marketplace.
– Developed positioning, messaging strategy, and go-to-market tactics for the launch of Panasonic’s Full HD 3D technology.
– Evaluated the robustness and relevance of Intel product positioning statements via an in-depth report based on 1:1 interviews in the U.S., Germany, India, and China.
– Revamped the overall brand voice for McKesson (healthcare technology provider) across all relevant audiences and organically grew agency revenues by 20%.
– Actively engaged in growth opportunities with existing clients and was constantly hands-on with new business development and pitches.
– Tracked program budgets, forecasted monthly revenues, identified resource needs, and handled all client billing.
– Key clients include: Panasonic Hollywood Labs, Geeknet, Inc. (formerly SourceForge, Inc.), Cassidy Turley, eBay, VeriSign
Led all advertising and market research efforts related to Verizon Wireless' national and regional retail radio and print/OOH campaigns, including creative and script development, overseeing and organizing in-studio production, managing all aspects of creative distribution, scouting voice-over talent, and managing budgets. Accomplishments include:
– Oversaw strategy, creative development, and studio production for 40+ national retail radio campaigns with total billings of over $3M per year.
– Implemented new production workflow to streamline operations, improve communications, and reduce costs (over $500K in savings in one year alone).
– Spearheaded a comprehensive competitive reporting program to survey the retail wireless category.
– Partnered with Nielsen/IAG Research to pilot a new methodology for measuring recall, likeability, stickiness, and overall effectiveness of retail radio.
– Helped execute 8-10 research initiatives per year, including focus groups, targeted online surveys, and one-on-one interviews.
– Served as inter-agency brand steward, coordinating with McCann-Erickson and Global Hue to craft fully integrated retail campaigns across all media touch points.
– Managed account, creative, and production teams totaling 40+ people in New York, California, and South Carolina.
– Direct supervisor to: Senior Account Executive, Account Coordinator, Interns
Managed print and interactive production for Sony BBSC (Broadcast and Business Solutions Company) and Korg/VOX/Marshall clients, creating visually enticing, memorable, and provocative fully-integrated consumer, professional, and pro-sumer campaigns geared towards reaching, engaging, and converting (into customers) the most passionate and well-informed audiences. Accomplishments include:
– Handled print and interactive advertising production budgets totaling over $1-2M annually.
– Managed every aspect of the creative process, from brief writing to project management, from copywriting to trafficking for 50+ integrated campaigns per year.
– Created engaging multimedia trade show collateral for Sony’s presence at the annual NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) conference across all its B2B LOB’s.
– Teamed with EarthColor/DUSK to establish a tailor-made, cost-saving, 100% digital mechanical development and approval workflow for the Sony client.
– Provided creative direction, including positioning and copy, for 30+ Sony interactive banner and eBlast campaigns.
– Initiated and implemented a full re-brand of all Korg USA print, interactive, and in-store advertising collateral.
– Successfully brought the Korg and VOX brands into digital with interactive display and rich media campaigns yielding engagement rates 4-5x the category average (at the time).
– Produced all photo shoots, including talent scouting, agent communications, price negotiations, styling, artistic direction, and retouching.
– Streamlined internal billing procedures by developing standardized rate cards, new client billing protocol, and mandatory weekly job status reports.
– Direct Supervisor to: Account Executive and Assistant Account Executive.
Operated as a "one-man show" for managing day-to-day creative operations for all multi-channel retail advertising campaigns for the Nextel Partners while simultaneously supporting the extended agency team on Sprint re-brand efforts (following the Sprint-Nextel merger). Additionally, took on responsibilities to support the New Business team on all pitches, including research, competitive intelligence, and creative development. Accomplishments include:
– Independently planned and executed $350K in monthly print production for Nextel Partners’ national retail efforts, including:
○ In-store POP (cash wrap, posters, flyers, banners, window decals, info stations, etc.)
○ 200+ monthly ROP insertions with over 1,000 unique dealer tags (national newspapers, magazines, business journals)
○ Quarterly circulars and monthly FSI’s
○ Direct marketing collateral
– Was lead on creative strategy within the agency, ensuring 100% brand alignment across all broadcast, radio, OOH, print, and in-store touch points for Nextel Partners.
– Served as the single point of contact between 25 corporate and regional retail marketing managers in addition to other agency and media partners.
– Developed the marketing strategy and all outbound communications for merging the Nextel Partners and Sprint brands (post-acquisition).
– Supported all aspects of creative development for TV spots, photo shoots, in-store design, and POP pre-launch of the new Sprint brand (the merger between Sprint and Nextel).
– Tactical support for agency pitches [Goody’s, Progressive Insurance, Commerce Bank] and ‘Disruption Days’ [Sprint, Snickers].
– Collaborated with Human Resources on a proposal for the ‘TBWA\CHIAT\DAY Education, Collaboration & Recognition Initiative’.
Managed day-to-day operations and project management for 10 DTP and DTC brand teams (VIAGRA, Vfend Worldwide, Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA), Group on Access and Affordability, Pfizer Helpful Answers, Sharing the Care, Payer/Provider Management Group, At Heart magazine, Healthy at Heart, African-American Health Initiative). Accomplishments include:
– Was on-point for two Plan of Action (POA) cycles for VIAGRA and one POA cycle for Vfend Worldwide.
– Assisted account and traffic teams with all stages of production and market research, from opening jobs to routing materials and copy editing to final client approval.
– Interfaced directly with client-side program managers to ensure projects stayed on-schedule at all times.
– Created and maintained detailed production schedules and status reports for all projects across all account teams.
– Prepared agency and client presentations, working closely with the PowerPoint design team to ensure quality control prior to sharing with senior agency staff.
– Helped prepare materials for mandatory FDA and regulatory submissions.
– Planned all events and client entertainment including business lunches, pitches, holiday parties and gifts, and other client-related celebrations.
– Expanded skills in copywriting and project management via the CDMU extracurricular course offerings (taught by senior agency staff).