I built the Minimum Viable product from the ground up. I trained, managed, and hired engineers to create a very strong engineering team.
We embraced agile values and my skills mindset and experience helped shape the ongoing engineering culture.
The company has since been sold to booking.com
• Individually designed a web application (Bonsai) that prints barcodes, including price and UPC information used to label products for all Apple retail stores.
• Developed a demo unit tracker used to track all sales floor demo units throughout stores and allow the demo database to be updated offline; created a merge conflict detection system to smoothly sync data when online.
• Utilized HTML 5 client-side database storage that enables the UPC to be downloaded from a server-side MySQL database and stored in a client side SQLite database; implemented GD graphics library to generate the UPCs from PHP.
• Conceived and implemented a full source control implementation, that modified the client-side and server side data by attempting to sync-publish based on a client side and server side changeset table.
Additions and enhancements
• Who’s online functionality • Client out of sync detection • Bonsai disabled mode
• Enhanced permission structure • Data analytics package • Seamless GD graphic library + PHP
• PDF for label printing • Change-set history • Search log
• Advanced reporting • Speed enhancements