Bienvenue sur le profil Malt de Calvin !
Localisation et déplacement
- Paris, France
- Effectue ses missions majoritairement à distance
- Durée de mission
≤ 1 mois
Charte du freelance Malt signée
Consulter la charte
Calvin en quelques mots
I am an American PhD and scientific content specialist with over 10 years in higher education, editing both academic and administrative documents for universities. I am currently employed in a support role as a professional English-language copy editor for French scientists and researchers applying for Horizon Europe funding. While my specialization concerns ERC Grants and Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions for individual researchers, I have extensive experience improving researcher’s scientific writing in documents intended for both specialized and non-specialized audiences.
As stated above, all rates are decided upon according to variables such as the nature of the document, the level of English, turn-around time, etc. A flat rate will be proposed following a brief communication either via email or video call.
- Copyediting proposals for Scientific Grants such as (but not limited to) ERC Starting Grants and Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
- Supervising copyedits of professional scientific publications with Professors, PostDocs, and PhDs in myriad scientific fields
- Lead courses on grant proposals and scientific writing for academics at Université Paris-Saclay
- Translation of administrative documents
ACADEMIE DE CRETEIL
English Teaching Assistant
• Designed lesson plans around various topics for beginner and advanced students, 6ème-3ème.
• Led courses in both English and French depending on the level of students' language competencies
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
Associate Instructor of Music Theory
• Designed and instructed courses (both in-person and online) for the entirety of the department's core curriculum, ranging from music fundamentals to the advanced analysis of twentieth- and twenty-first century works.
• Managed small teams of graduate assistants while communicating teaching goals and meeting assessment deadlines
• Led courses ranging from five to eighty students in size
• Edited and evaluated student papers for content, grammar, style, etc.
• Faculty representative for university-sponsored string quartet performances at the Beethoven Haus in Bonn, Germany (Spring 2018)
• Facilitated environments for collegial interactions with students from diverse, multicultural backgrounds.
• Designed course content with Adobe Creative Suite.
Holiday Inn Express
Front Desk Associate
Eastman School of Music
Circulation Desk Supervisor
Eastman School of Music
Computer Lab Assistant
Consultez les recommandations qu'a reçues Calvin